2K20 Domination Thread

2K20 Domination Thread

Decided to post this thread to share tips for those grinding dom day 1 and if y’all want to discuss it. It seems very interesting this year honestly with the addition of Evolution cards. We could potentially get some really good ones from domination that potentially could go up to amethyst or diamond or higher( probably not likely though).

So far we only know 2 rewards that seem like solid rewards imo( Richardson will be decent and Kemp will be very helpful esp for grinding for that Dominique, tokens and Serge in TT)

So if y’all wanna discuss the new domination, predictions for other rewards( tokens, the other 2 domination rewards) you can lol. Also if anyone needs any help who is new to the game or needs tips for domination( although the new game isn’t out yet) you can ask.

6 Likes

Ahhh yes. This gon be good. I think knocking this out early is key before things are patched and rewards are slashed or something crazy.

I can’t wait to make my dom cheese squad. Position locks won’t stop me I will exploit domination . 2k won’t win lol

5 Likes

Also I think Cash might show who the token rewards are. That’s what I want to know and who are these evo cards we get through Dom and what do we have to do to evolve them.

1 Like

Trailing 3’s
Money 3 point plays
Amy KD

=profit

4 Likes

I waited so long to grind the hardest Dom that they had patched all the cheese that folks did early on. Made it a PITA.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I came in late last year when it was patched . Those sag off 3s people were getting were done.

With position locks who the hell is guarding Opal Magic? A Ruby Evo Tmac lol.

3 Likes

Ill definitely be running a couple shooters early on and working the auction house as well to make tons of mt.i remember in one day i made over 200k late in the year sniping something

1 Like

A good tip is run klay thompson: Hes one of the best ones early on and not too expensive usually esp if hes not amehtyst

1 Like

I cant get Klays shot down to save my life lol.

2 Likes

Porzingis a must.

4 Likes

I’m thinking a line up of

Tmac - Klay/PG13 - KD - KP - AD

Should be fine for smashing a good chunk of Dom on any difficulty

1 Like

that should definitely help you out a lot for sure. im thinking of something similar perhaps with amethyst curry at point and klay off bench or tmac perhaps. idk yet tho

3 Likes

Curry will help a lot considering the AI has yet to deal with trail cheese effectively. It will be hard dealing with the later teams that have Magic/Oscar/Penny tho

1 Like

In previous 2ks you had to earn a certain amount of Mt to get stars. This year they are saying that to get 2 or 3 stars you play against those team on a higher difficulty. I wonder if the Mt ammount requirement is like in previous games or is it removed. I hated it. It forced me to play in a specific way to earn enough Mt to get those stars.

3 Likes

Did you find it easy to hit Trailing 3s in the Demo?

Keep in mind that Demo was on Rookie.

In 2K19, Magic at PG was not a concern when spamming Trailing 3s. The CPU is not actually relentless in spamming Magic post ups. And, in any case, they can just be outscored. I said this a bunch of times back then, but once others showed me the technique and I got it down somewhat, Dom became an easy grind. And I’m not even good at timing.

1 Like

Can’t wait to grind it out again!

Lafrentz was my cheese last year, pick n pop :slight_smile: he’ll if that didn’t work I’d find Porzingod on the other side :joy:

4 Likes

best part is if you like lafrentz(i kinda do too tbh) hes got a card in token cards

I’ve only used a Shaq-like build in the demo so far so I haven’t tried the trail cheese so far. Did they patch it out?

@Knezius what book has Give 42 Punch after all the changes? That shit literally carried me through last 2 doms

1 Like

Dunno man, using diff money play now from Nuggets book.