2K16 spacing was done right

After watching this mini compilation I made years ago, spacing in 16 was done right. The court felt open, and not tiny like it does now. 16 and 17 definitely had it right.

Hopefully next-gen brings something similar but improved back.

Ever since they switched engines to this new bigger player model engine the game has mostly gone down hill.

26 Likes

That’s why I enjoyed 16 and 17 because the gameplay was actually smooth

6 Likes

man i miss 2k16 and 17. this is a really good point.

meanwhile cracks me up that logo 3s still have to bank to go in…haha

9 Likes

That was fire & you can tell it actually felt special to use curry. Not just the range but that unorthodox layup

9 Likes

Enjoyable to watch. If someone cooked me like this, I wouldn’t even be mad. Real skill

2 Likes

how is that game so much better than 2k20 it doesn’t make sense those layups would never go in this year and the spacing is soooo nice

2 Likes

Games been downhill since 2k17

13 Likes

It’s embarassing how much better this game looks than 2k20 lol

16 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s just my eyes playing tricks on me be the way the player models look in 16 compared to 20 look way smaller and the court looks much bigger aswell would love the game to be how these few years of 2k were

2 Likes

It is amazing how much more polished this game looks than 20

7 Likes

Back when online was fun

2 Likes

They really need to make the court feel bigger like this c even to avoid this spamming lanes thing and increase on ball defense stick

3 Likes

Hey guys don’t let this distract you from the fact that the graphics really haven’t improved since 2k14 on next gen☠️

1 Like

But the sweat…

Yep graphics basically the same for the past 7 years

Gameplay majorly gets worse and worse every year

I really love spending $70 on 2k every year

1 Like

Incredibly fun watch. Makes me wanna boot up 16

1 Like

those dribble movss to break defenders were on point. also werent glitch moves that are impossible irl like 2k20.

sure the player models make a difference, but so does the fact that you can run a full 7 foot lineup. that immensely shrinks the court as well

5 Likes

I could not care less if we have cards that are 99 everything

it doesn’t matter if shaq can shoot 3s like curry
(People would just use centers/forwards who can shoot so then it takes away from people wanting good spacing for a non shooting center ) and people would just use a shooting big the only thing that changes is the players name and player model.

It all comes down to gameplay to make a game good the cards in it have like a 10% difference maker in game .

4 Likes

This series has gone noticeably backwards…

3 Likes

Very true. Running big teams shrinks the hell out of the floor. In boredom I played a WNBA game and the court was gigantic mainly because the player models were so tiny.

1 Like